Institute of Electronic Materials Technology (ITME)
ITME since over 30 years is a Poland’s leading centre of research of materials, structures and components for micro-, piezo- and optoelectronics. ITME develops highly advanced technologies of production of materials with ideal crystallographic structure and specific properties according to individual requirements of cooperating partners and clients. At ITME produced are monocrystals of semi-conductor, optical, piezoelectric materials, as well as ultra-pure metals, active glasses and optical fibres, new ceramic and composite material, and other materials and instruments with wide applications.
ITME achievements in scientific research and development works:
- Targeted project – development of blue optoelectronics;
- UV detectors for the range 200-365nm – „visible and solar blind”;
- Advanced technologies for semi-conductor optoelectronics of infrared;
- Advanced Micro-Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) in telecommunications at radio frequencies and millimeter waves;
- Synthesis and investigations of properties of monocrystals and GaP plates for infrared sensors (realised within the EUREKA programme in the years 2007-2009);
- Development and implementation of laser diodes for the 810nm bandwidth for medical and industrial applications.
In the Proteus project ITME takes part mainly in works aiming at development and integration of sensors for the system.