Space Research Centre of Polish Academy of Sciences
The Space research centre is multidisciplinary institute of Polish Academy of Sciences. It conducts works of the kind of research, technology, experiment in the fields of space physics as well as physical and geodynamical investigations of planets and Earth. Since the beginning of its activity about 50 instruments constructed in SRC were launched into space. SRC has at its disposal a wide instrumental base for construction and testing of space equipment with preservation of conditions required for space missions, and also equipment and infrastructure for conducting research in the field of satellite geodesy. In the building of SRC is situated RIMS station of the EGNOS system.
Selected projects with Centre involvement are:
- CASSINI – investigations of the Saturn and Titan;
- INTEGRAL – space lab of high energies;
- MARS EXPRESS – a marsian probe;
- ROSETTA – a mission to a comet;
- Astro + (security) – Advance Space Technologies to Support Security Operations;
- Foresight of satellite technologies in Poland;
- Service component of GMES initiative dedicated to use of satellite imaging for the purpose of international security.
In the Proteus Project the SRC is responsible for selection and integration of GIS data, construction of position sensors, and promotion and PR of the project.